Vector Fleet has been awarded a contract to manage fleet maintenance for Cherokee County, S.C. Vector Fleet will provide fleet maintenance for more than 220 vehicles, including a wide variety of county equipment, tractor-trailers and refuse trucks, and emergency vehicles. The vehicles were previously maintained in-house.
The company shared a few of the fleet maintenance services it is offering to the county:
- Integration of its fleet management information system for scheduling and monitoring preventive maintenance (PM).
- Utilization of a PM checklist, which will identify developing or existing issues.
- Agreements with major suppliers to cut overhead costs. Vector relies heavily on local vendors for most fast-moving products such as tires, rotors, brake pads, and filters.
- Inventory reporting to identify slow-moving or obsolete parts so they can be sent back for a refund.
- An all-encompassing system of customer feedback to identify the ways Vector Fleet can improve.
- Regular scheduled and unscheduled site visits from corporate employees, as well as regular meetings between corporate managers, county managers, and department heads to ensure all goals are met.
The contract began Feb. 1 and lasts for 36 months. Vector Fleet’s technicians are EVT- and ASE-certified.