Clients will now have expanded capabilities as Lytx’s video safety and video telematics technology is linked with Fleetio’s vehicle health lifecycle and maintenance program.
The Lytx and Fleetio data integration is designed to help fleet managers quickly find and fix problems when they happen and anticipate upcoming maintenance needs to help vehicles run longer and more efficiently.
Better Control Maintenance Costs and Understand Utilization
- Easy set up with a pre-built data connector and Lytx’s technical support team available to ensure a smooth implementation and onboarding process
- Increased (and earlier) visibility of problems by immediately being able to view Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) in Fleetio (subject to network connectivity). DTCs, also referred to as engine fault codes, are used to identify and diagnose malfunctions in a vehicle or piece of heavy equipment and can be used to create work orders and more.
- Reduced downtime by automatically tracking vehicle mileage and asset utilization with daily odometer readings that trigger service notifications at specified intervals.
- More efficiency and less manual processes with customizable triggers, thresholds, escalation paths, and maintenance workflows.
- Better, actionable data when odometer readings and DTCs are transformed into utilization insights and maintenance trends.
The new integration shares data between the Lytx Vision Platform and Fleetio’s software, where connected devices send fleet tracking data to a client’s Fleetio account to initiate these workflows.
More specifically, Lytx DriveCam devices transmit odometer and DTC data to a client’s Fleetio account. DTCs create “fault codes” in Fleetio, which trigger client-configured maintenance and escalation workflows. Odometer readings are transmitted daily and are analyzed in Fleetio to monitor utilization, create service reminders, and more.
Currently, the Lytx and Fleetio data integration offers DTCs and other odometer data, with new insights planned for engine hours, vehicle location, and more this year.
Implementing the Lytx and Fleetio Data Integration
The Lytx and Fleetio data connector is pre-built in order to create minimal workload on a fleet’s IT team, and a simple and fast implementation. Once integrated, clients can simply “flip a switch” to instantly leverage Lytx data within the Fleetio application.
Integration Use Cases for a Clearer Picture
- DTC maintenance workflow: The engine control module (ECM) sends an “engine overtemp condition” DTC through Lytx DriveCam to Fleetio, automatically creating a fault code workflow (the fault code workflow can be customized to follow an escalation path, issue notifications, etc.). Fleetio then allows a client to create a work order indicating the specific malfunction to the fleet technician. The client can track and confirm the fix, returning the vehicle to the road as fast as possible.
- Odometer readings for service intervals/reminders: The ECM sends odometer readings through Lytx DriveCam to a client’s Fleetio account daily. When a vehicle hits the pre-configured threshold for a mileage-driven maintenance item, it automatically triggers a service reminder to the manager in Fleetio. The client can then proactively schedule needed maintenance service.
- Utilization insights: Fleetio offers both utilization reporting based off odometer readings and insights that show DTC trends. A client’s ECM-sourced DTC fault codes are transmitted to their Fleetio account and managers can see if particular faults are trending upward. The insights also can uncover other fault patterns to help fleet managers make holistic decisions regarding additional maintenance or divestment.