JohnDow Industries (JDI), a supplier and distributor of automotive aftermarket equipment and products has introduced its new line of electric vehicle (EV) and hybrid service and safety products.
This new line offers 30 safety products including gloves, face shields, aprons, blankets, insulated tools, jackets, and boots among other products specifically designed to increase safety while servicing electric and hybrid vehicles.
New Vehicle Fire Blanket introduced at AAPEX 2023
One of the most notable products in this new safety equipment line is the Vehicle Fire Blanket. Lithium-ion battery fires are extremely dangerous and cannot be extinguished using traditional fire extinguishing methods. As electric and hybrid vehicles gain popularity, service repairers must be prepared for these potentially devastating disasters during a repair.
JDI’s Vehicle Fire Blanket suppresses vehicle fires and prevents fire from spreading and damaging nearby property while containing toxic fumes and smoke from releasing into surrounding areas. This Fire Blanket is ideal for parking lots, auto repair shops, fire fighters, underground parking lots, service stations, and charging stations. Product benefits include:
- Contains vehicle fire and its debris to protect property, staff, and customers.
- Limits damage and spread of fire to nearby areas.
- For use on any passenger vehicle including internal combustion and EVs.
- Keeps toxic smoke derived from combustion contained.
- Two people can deploy the 6x9M blanket in seconds.
- Easily deploy from convenient storage rack with oversized straps.