Ford pulled back the curtain on its newest model to the F-150 Lightning lineup: the F-150 Lightning Flash.
The tech-forward offering brings together most of current customers' top feature picks at a price tag of under $70,000.
The F-150 Lightning Flash expands on the XLT model line by adding in-demand tech capabilities, including an extended-range battery, which has a targeted EPA-estimated range of 320 miles, available Ford BlueCruise hands-free highway driving, and more.
“The F-150 Lightning Flash is a direct outcome of engaging with and learning from our customers," Ford Model e Chief Operating Officer Marin Gjaja said. "This truck combines many of the technology-forward features our customers love in our EV lineup, at a more accessible price. With an EPA-estimated 320 miles of range, the Lightning Flash is another example of the speed at which we are adapting to grow our EV business.”
Driving Assistance Features in the F-150 Lighting Flash
The tech-centered Lightning Flash has available Ford BlueCruise hands-free highway driving technology, Version 1.2.
That includes Lane Change Assist, allowing the driver to change lanes hands-free by tapping the turn signal once the path is clear. It also includes In-Lane Repositioning to help to keep the vehicle in its lane while subtly shifting position away from vehicles in adjacent lanes.
Version 1.2 will improve over time with software updates.
Customers can choose to activate BlueCruise at any point – at purchase, annually or even monthly — and use it when they need it.
- 15.5-in. LCD Capacitive Touchscreen with Swipe Capability.
- Intelligent Access with Push-Button Start — includes Approach Detection and SecuriCode Keyless Entry Keypad on the Driver's Side.
- Wireless Charging Pad.
- Tow Technology Package, which includes: Pro Trailer Backup Assist, Trailer Brake Controller, Smart Hitch, On-Board Scales, Smart Trailer Tow Connection, and Trailer Reverse Guidance.
- Power Tailgate.
- Tailgate Step with Tailgate Work Surface.
- Heat Pump to optimize the vehicle’s energy consumption.
The following models from the F-150 Lightning family will be available to order in early 2024:
- F-150 Lightning Pro with standard range, starting at $49,995.
- F-150 Lightning XLT with standard range, starting at $57,495.
- F-150 Lightning Flash with extended range, starting at $69,995.
The F-150 Lightning Lariat and F-150 Lightning Platinum with extended range will also be available for order in early 2024.