The Government Fleet Expo & Conference (GFX) event management team is now accepting proposals to speak at the 2022 event, set to take place May 23-26 in Detroit. The submission deadline is January 12.
GFX is the largest gathering of public fleet management professionals in the nation, and it includes more than 14 educational sessions for attendees. Topics can range from current events and how they affect fleet operations to best practices and tried-and-true ways to improve all aspects of government fleet management.
GFX organizers receive many proposals to speak. Here are some tips to make your submission stand out:
- Include take-home value in your description. What would a fleet professional attending get out of this session?
- If you’re a supplier, does the session provide more than just information and updates about your products? Consider a panel with your clients — attendees often want to hear from end users.
- A hand-picked advisory board of fleet managers reads and rates every single session proposal, and our staff use these ratings when deciding on speakers. One of the ratings is “sales pitch” — avoid the “sales pitch” rating!
- If you want to talk about a popular topic (such as electrification), make sure you have an interesting angle and/or that it is broad enough to be of interest to many attendees.
- If you have more than one idea, submit more than one session proposal. Submissions that aren’t chosen can be considered for editorial purposes.
Submit a proposal here by the January 12 deadline.