Sonim Technologies has introduced the Stone Mountain Epic remote speaker microphone (RSM) series as part of its rugged mobility accessory product line. The Epic RSM Series with ProClear digital signal processing (DSP) noise cancellation is compatible with the Sonim XP8 and XP5s rugged phones. These RSM’s, when combined with the Sonim handsets and PTT-over-Cellular service, provide DSP noise cancellation for clear audio even in the noisiest environments.
Stone Mountain Epic RSMs and Sonim’s XP8 and XP5s handsets include the following key features:
- Sonim’s SecureAudio interface lets the speaker microphone be physically secured to and powered by the XP8/XP5s.
- The RSMs allow users to directly change channels or talk groups and control volume.
- The RSMs meet Sonim’s ultra-rugged, IP-68, and Mil-Std-810G performance standards.
- The RSMs include an optional physical knob to change channels, RampClikTM one-touch volume control, listen-only headset jack, and large PTT button. The optional listen-only earpiece jack allows for covert listening in secure, quiet settings.
- A built-in emergency button on the RSM is mapped to the Sonim handset emergency button making it easy to initiate lone worker or man-down alerts.
- The solution is compatible with Sonim SOS, an app connected to an alarm key that offers an array of safety-first options.