Sonim Technologies announced Nov. 11 the launch of the RS60 and RS80 rugged SmartScanner devices to better serve public safety, industrial, and field service workers in demanding work environments. These new devices can lower the total cost of ownership (TCO) as a result of their proven durability while improving the barcode scanning experience for front-line workers who must rapidly capture large amounts of data.
The Sonim RS60 is a fully-rugged, six inch handheld computer and barcode scanner and is purpose-built for efficiency and durability, making it the ideal all-in-one device for use in warehouses, manufacturing, transportation and logistics, as well as field service and public safety. The Sonim RS80 is a fully-rugged, eight inch tablet/barcode scanner that features front and rear facing cameras to provide the convenience of taking photos and video calls while on the job. Both devices are designed to perform, scan, and communicate in a variety of work environments and extreme conditions.
Key features include:
- Android 10 operating system
- The ability to capture 30 scans per second
- High bandwidth 4G LTE connectivity
- An industry-leading, comprehensive two year warranty
- A high-capacity multi-shift battery
- Glove-friendly touch screen
- Waterproof, dust proof, drop proof, and chemical resistant
- Can be cleaned and sanitized with bleach, isopropyl alcohol, and other disinfectants as needed to minimize risk of contamination
- Supports SonimWare Enterprise Mobility Software, a comprehensive set of software tools, applications, and utilities that help improve management and productivity