As fire departments think about the components required on a custom fire truck, one anticipated decision involves choosing between hinged or roll-up doors for fire truck compartments.
The choice of either hinged and roll-up doors depends on the type of missions a fire department responds to, and the required compartmentation's functional and operational needs.
Part of this decision often includes a review of the following questions:
- What is the difference between hinged and roll-up doors?
- What are the construction differences?
- What safety and operational considerations are important?
- What additional door features should be considered?
- What is the look or appearance desired?
Click here to read the Pierce Manufacturing blog post on the topic.