KANSAS CITY, MO - Seventy-eight public works fleet professionals from the U.S. and Canada have earned credentials as Certified Public Fleet Professionals (CPFP), according to the American Public Works Association (APWA).
"The CPFP certification is a hallmark of excellence for fleet professionals," said APWA President Larry Koehle. "The APWA Board is happy to see the program is continuing to expand and is attracting both U.S. and Canadian fleet professionals striving to maintain excellent public works services in their communities."
Recent Certified Public Fleet Professionals include:
- Paul Colell, CPFP, fleet support technician, Town of Castle Rock, Colo.
- Allen Cool, CPFP, central maintenance garage supervisor, City of Hagerstown, Md.
- Michael DePaulo, CPFP, fleet supervisor, Town of Buckeye, Ariz.
- Charles Malcolm, CPFP, manager of fleet operations, Metropolitan, Nashville, Tenn.
- Howard Mann, CPFP, fleet & facilities manager, City of Leawood, Kan.
- Danny Edward Moxey, CPFP, manager, shared services, City of Williams Lake, B.C.
- Michael O'Connor, CPFP, supt. of maintenance operations, City of Chesterfield, Mo.
- Mathew Rathke, CPFP, automotive engineer, City of Seattle, Wash.
- Todd Richardson, CPFP, fleet superintendent, Town of Castle Rock, Colo.
- Dennis Simcoe, P Eng, CPFP, supervisor, fleet procurement, City of Edmonton, Alberta.
- Daryl Wostradowski, CPFP, coordinator, City of Calgary, fleet services, Calgary, Alberta.
The Public Fleet Professional Certification program is designed to ensure individual competency and provide the public works industry with recognized hiring and promotion standards. The role of the public fleet operation has evolved over the years from providing high-quality, low-cost repair service to asset management and related business functions.
Computer-based testing is now available at over 170 sites in the United States. For more information about the Public Fleet Professional Certification program or APWA's other professional development initiatives, visit www.apwa.net/certification or contact Certification Manager Becky Stein, (816) 595-5212 or firstname.lastname@example.org.