November 10, 2022
A Fleet Manager's Role
The role of the fleet manager is ever-changing and issues faced 10 or 20 years ago may look very different now. Mark Stevens, who recently retired from his role as fleet manager for the city of Sacramento talks about his time overseeing a California fleet and what he's learned along the way. We'll cover how the role of fleet manager has changed, what municipalities should do when bringing on new fleet hires, and how those in the fleet industry can stay better connected.
Speaker: Mark Stevens, retired fleet manager for the city of Sacramento
• How the role of the fleet manager has changed.
• Biggest challenges people face in fleet management roles.
• What can fleet managers do for better success in the future?
• What should municipalities look for when hiring new fleet managers?
• What can individuals in the fleet industry do to stay better connected?
🎧 Prefer to listen? Subscribe to the GovCast podcast!
GovCast on Spotify
GovCast on Apple Podcasts
GovCast on Google Podcasts
⏱ Timestamps ⏱
0:29 How Stevens started a career in fleet management and what he's enjoyed along the way.
1:23 How the fleet manager role has changed since Stevens first started.
2:13 Challenges those in fleet are currently facing.
3:40 What can fleet managers do now for better success in the future?
6:45 What qualities should a fleet manager have?
8:55 How connected is the fleet industry and how can people in the industry be better connected?