The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company has debuted 16 new sizes for the Goodyear Eagle Exhilarate, its premium soy-based, ultra-high-performance, all-season tire.
According to the United Soybean Board (USB), the use of soybean oil in tires is a significant Goodyear innovation that helps keep a tire's rubber compound pliable in changing temperatures. USB collaborated on research with Goodyear that created a breakthrough for the use of renewable soybean oil as well as performance. This research found the use of soybean oil could improve the functionality of tires in colder temperatures and across wet surfaces.
“When Goodyear designed the Eagle Exhilarate, we were focused on delivering better wet performance in the ultra-high-performance category,” Devin Dickerhoof, product marketing manager, said. Goodyear Eagle Exhilarate tires provide outstanding performance in wet conditions and have a sleek design.
With excellent grip, as well as wet and dry handling, the Goodyear Eagle Exhilarate has unique features, including:
- ActiveGrip Technology that offers exceptional handling and traction;
- ActiveBraking Technology for enhanced braking on dry and wet surfaces;
- ActiveStrength Technology for confident handling on the road with a strong, lightweight construction;
- Wear Gauge tool that helps make it easier to see remaining tread depth and vehicle alignment; and
- Sleek sidewall styling and rim protectors that help guard wheels from curb damage.
With the addition of the 16 new sizes, the Goodyear Eagle Exhilarate will now be available in a total of 52 sizes, ranging from 17 to 22-in. rim diameters. Popular vehicles Eagle Exhilarate tires will now fit include the Acura TLX, Audi A5 and RS5, BMW 3-Series and X5, Cadillac XTS, Chevrolet Camaro and Corvette, Dodge Challenger and Charger, Ford Mustang, Infiniti Q50, Mercedes E-Class, Porsche 911, and Volvo S60.