Fontaine Modification has engineered a right-hand drive steering conversion for Freightliner M2 cabs. The conversion is unique because it fully mirrors the OEM cab configuration, providing the same leg and belly space as the original left-hand driving position. This solution allows drivers to operate from the right side to improve visibility, without being cramped behind the wheel.
The solution is ideal for applications where the driver needs to clearly see the area to the right of the truck, such as street sweeping, curbside refuse collection, leaf removal, highway paint striping, and pesticide spraying.
Other features of the modification include:
- Full cab reversal with mirrored dash
- Throttle, brake, and column moved to right hand side
- Pedal spacing comparable to OEM configuration
- Windshield wiper arm reversal
- All OEM vent locations are functional
- HVAC moved to left-hand side of the cab
Originally posted on Work Truck Online