Sonim Technologies announced Aug. 11 the launch of SonimWare Enterprise Mobility Software to help customers more easily deploy, manage, and support mobile devices in the field. Available on the ultra-rugged XP3, XP5s, and XP8, SonimWare removes common mobility impediments and simplifies and enhances the enterprise and user experience. It enables device provisioning, management, and support, while providing a comprehensive set of advanced control capabilities for devices.
SonimWare is made up of several components to seamlessly enable enterprise mobility: Sonim SCOUT, a free, intelligent software solution for device configuration, management, and support; Sonim Scan, a 1D/2D barcode scanning application that turns Sonim smartphones into flexible scanning devices; and Sonim CLOUD, a web-based administration console.
SonimWare capabilities include:
- Device Provisioning and Deployment: enables IT administrators to customize and deploy large numbers of devices from office workers to field workers who have different needs.
- Application Management: allows enterprises to customize and optimize device screens, keeping things simple for users and allowing access to only those apps which are work or productivity related.
- Enterprise Security: as part of Google’s Android Enterprise Recommended program, Sonim meets a set of strict requirements, including regular security updates. Additional SonimWare utilities can be used to secure and/or lock down devices, and limit access to apps and device features.
- Productivity and Safety Tools: built on the enterprise-grade Android operating system, Sonim devices deliver ease-of-use and have access to a global ecosystem of support for many applications. SonimWare productivity utilities include contact transfer, BLE connect, call screening, and stealth mode.
- Remote Diagnostics and Support: enables field workers to self-diagnose and troubleshoot issues and get the most out of their rugged device.
- Setup Wizard enables fast, efficient setup, deployment, and customization.
- App Updater allows for quick, easy, and remote application updates so users are equipped with the latest tools.
- Kiosk Mode customizes device screens to optimize usage to apps and features that are productivity related.
- SafeGuard offers enterprise control over which apps and features are used and ensures those used are work-related.
- Contact Transfer allows device contacts for voice calling and text messaging to be managed over-the-air.
- Call Screening blocks unwanted incoming calls and messages and restricts outgoing calls and messages to contacts.
- MDM Helper easily manages and controls device features critical to enterprises.
- Remote Support enables Sonim to offer immediate and comprehensive device guidance in real-time.
- Stealth Mode allows quick and easy control over notifications, sounds, display and LED when entering quiet environments.
- Remotely lock or factory reset lost devices.
- Block operating system updates until they have been tested (and approved by the enterprise).
- Deploy custom configurations for device hotspots and ensure the hotspot is launched on device boot.