DENVER, CO - Through a competitive procurement effort, the State of Colorado chose Agile FleetCommander, from Agile Access Control, as its multi-faceted motor pool management system. According to state officials, Agile FleetCommander will help them meet their fleet's efficiency objectives, including electronic billing, web-based remote vehicle management, and right-sizing of vehicle inventories, according to a release from the company.
Colorado State Fleet Operations Manager Ron Clatterbuck said, "We will be reducing costs at the same time we are making it easier and more convenient for state employees to access a vehicle -- day or night -- using the self-service motor pool kiosk with automated key control. It's a win-win for the state and for our employees." Clatterbuck said the optimized use of State assets is also a major benefit the State will realize for years to come. "Right-sizing our vehicle inventory by tracking and reporting comprehensive vehicle utilization levels will help us lower our annual motor pool costs," he said.
The self-service motor pool kiosk with automated key control will add to Colorado's cost savings by offering unmanned access to vehicle keys for pickup and return. In addition to around-the-clock access to vehicles by State employees, Colorado expects to see benefits from:
- A customized electronic billing function that interfaces with the state I.T. system and simplifies the monthly state billing process.
- Secure Web-based remote access from anywhere, enabling users to reserve vehicles on a 24 x 7 basis and eliminate paper-driven,manual processes.
- Accurate and validated account data collection during the reservation process.
- The ability to track and report comprehensive vehicle utilization rates by vehicle type throughout the year and identify missed revenue opportunities.
- Detailed reports that enable the state to eliminate unneeded motor pool vehicles, saving the state thousands of dollars each year.
The States of Michigan, Kentucky, and Pennsylvania are also managing their motor pool fleets using Agile FleetCommander, according to the release.