Rotary Lift’s 70Q, MOD30, and MOD35 heavy-duty in-ground lifts are available as direct structural “frame only” replacements for all Rotary Lift standard in-ground lifts, as well as most competitive in-ground lifts that are 20 to 40 years old. If an existing pit is still good, this strategy can save shops up to 50% of the cost of installing a new heavy-duty in-ground lift in a new pit, according to Rotary Lift. At the same time, installing one of the new lifts certified by the Automotive Lift Institute will bring the shop into compliance with safety standards from the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and International Building Code (IBC) requirements.
Each hydraulic jack in a Rotary Lift heavy-duty frame-only retrofit in-ground lift has from 25,000 lbs. to 35,000 lbs. capacity. In most 20- to 40-year-old pits, each in-ground lift cylinder is rated at 18,000 lbs. Before the Rotary Lift retrofit options can be considered, the shop’s existing pit must be evaluated by a structural engineer to ensure it is in good condition and to determine how much additional load it can support. The company has found the majority of 20- to 40-year-old in-ground lift pits can safely handle additional lifting capacity.
Retrofit Option 1. 70Q, Rotary Lift’s traditional in-ground lift is the company's most cost-effective retrofit option. Benefits include:
- Available with two to three posts for a lifting capacity of 50,000 to 75,000 lbs.
- Simple push button controls eliminate manual equalization of handles.
- Can be built in custom lengths from 13 feet to 24 feet in 1 foot increments, to fit the wheelbase needs of all shops.
Retrofit Option 2. The MOD30 modular heavy-duty in-ground lift’s benefits include:
- Available with two or three cylinders for a lifting capacity from 60,000 to 90,000 lbs.
- Ergonomic upright control console features joystick controls and technology that lets technicians access service, diagnostic, and maintenance information, including up to 10 memorized wheelbase settings.
- Energy-efficient electric drive assembly requires just a half horsepower motor for wheelbase adjustment.
Retrofit Option 3. The MOD35 in-ground modular lift’s benefits include:
- Available with two or three multi-stage hydraulic cylinders to provide best-in-class lifting capacity of 70,000 to 105,000 lbs.
- Patent-pending pendant-only remote control lets technicians operate the lift from anywhere around the vehicle for more efficient spotting and lifting.
- Electric console can be located up to 100 feet away from the lift, providing technicians with additional work space around the vehicle.