The NAFA Fleet Management Association announced its 2014-2015 Certified Automotive Fleet Manager (CAFM) graduates. Of the 42 graduates, 28 work in the public sector and in universities.
To become certified, an applicant must pass a series of exams to demonstrate expertise in the eight disciplines of automotive fleet management: fleet information management, maintenance management, vehicle fuel management, asset management, business management, financial management, risk management, and professional development.
The public-sector and university fleet professionals who have earned CAFM designation are:
- Daniel Alter, CAFM, assistant manager, University of Washington, Seattle, Wash.
- Kathy Beach, CAFM, fleet admin & parts supervisor, Arapahoe County, Englewood, Colo.
- Jonathan Blunt, CAFM, senior automotive mechanic, City of Seattle, City of Seattle, Wash.
- Anthony Bowe, CAFM, fleet management/shop supervisor, State of Minnesota, Bemidji, Minn.
- Michael Cosby, CAFM, fleet manager, City of Roanoke, Roanoke, Va.
- William Darty, CAFM, fleet manager, Greenville Utilities, Greenville, N.C.
- Scott Edwards, CAFM, state fleet manager, State of Colorado, Denver, Colo.
- Monee Farkasosky, CAFM, fleet management analyst, Snohomish County P.U.D., Everett, Wash.
- Constance Fee, CAFM, staff analyst II, County of San Bernardino, San Bernardino, Calif.
- Lee Ferrari, CAFM, manager, fleet operations, University of Calgary, Calgary, AB
- Jack Flindt, CAFM, director, Pinal County, Florence, Ariz.
- Ronald Gitelman, CAFM, fleet coordinator, Yale University, New Haven, Conn.
- Jason Halayko, CAFM, fleet manager, Edmonton Police Service, Edmonton, AB
- Paul Hanna, CAFM, fleet operations supervisor, City of Olympia, Olympia, Wash.
- Robert Howland, CAFM, superintendent, fleet operations, Province of British Columbia, Victoria, BC
- Gary Lentsch, CAFM, fleet manager, Eugene Water & Electric Board, Eugene, Ore.
- Jeff Meggitt, CAFM, manager, fleet services, Regional Municipality of York, Newmarket, ON
- Robin Merritt, CAFM, assistant director of fleet services, City of Lynchburg, Lynchburg, Va.
- Jennifer Morgan, CAFM, administrative support coordinator, Clermont County Board, Batavia, Ohio
- Jeffrey Nelson, CAFM, fleet office coordinator, Collier County Sheriff’s Office, Naples, Fla.
- Timothy Norton, CAFM, fleet supervisor, State of Minnesota, Lino Lakes, Minn.
- Ryan Riss, CAFM, intern, University of Nebraska – Lincoln, Lincoln, Neb.
- Mark Stark, CAFM, fleet systems manager, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, N.C.
- Robert Stine, CAFM, director, Hillsborough County, Tampa, Fla.
- John Webber, CAFM, fleet maintenance coordinator, Ranken Technical College, Festus, Miss.
- Ed Wilson, CAFM, fleet inspector, Province of British Columbia, Saanichton, BC
- Henry Verner, CAFM, manager of fleet & materials, City of Brandon, Brandon, MB
- Kathy Wellik, CAFM, fleet manager, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa