The City of Boise, Idaho, Fleet Services was named the No. 1 fleet among the Leading Fleets at the Government Fleet Expo and Conference (GFX) today.
The operation was chosen the overall No. 1 fleet for showing leadership in various situations, including within the staff, with customers and within the community; staying efficient and competitive; overcoming challenges; and having a vision and direction for the fleet.
Craig Croner, CPFP, administrative services manager, and Dennis Falconer, CPFP, vehicle maintenance division manager, were present to accept the award on behalf of the fleet.
Judges Paul Condran, John Hunt, John McCorkhill, and Pete Scarafiotti, as well as Government Fleet staff and the award sponsor, were on stage to congratulate the fleet. The award is sponsored by Ford Motor Company.
Government Fleet also named the No. 1 fleets in size categories — the No. 1 small fleet (499 or fewer assets) is the City of Ventura, Calif., with 394 vehicles, and the No. 1 mid-size fleet (500-999 assets) is the Orange County (Calif.) Sanitation District with 670 units. Boise is also the No. 1 large fleet (1,000 or more assets).
The rankings for the top 20 fleets (including ties) are:
- Fleet Services, City of Boise, Idaho
- City of Sacramento, Calif.
- City of Tulsa (Okla.) Equipment Management
- City of Fort Worth
- County of San Diego
- City of Columbus, Ohio
- County of San Bernardino, Calif.
- Manatee County (Fla.) Government
- City of Rochester, NY, Equipment Services
- City of Fort Wayne, Ind.
- Orange County (Calif.) Sanitation District
- Lee County (Fla.) Fleet Management
- City of Orlando
- City of Houston
- City of Indianapolis DPW - IFS
- City of Milwaukee, Wis.
- County of Sonoma (Calif.) Fleet Operations Division
- City & County of Denver Public Works Fleet Management Division
- City of Anaheim, Calif.
- Alameda County (Calif.)
The remaining Leading Fleets awards recipients, in alphabetical order, are:
- Chesterfield County, Va.
- City of Beverly Hills, Calif.
- City of Boston Central Fleet Management
- City of Buckeye, Ariz.
- City of Charlotte, N.C., Management & Financial Services, Fleet Management
- City of Dublin, Ohio
- City of Little Rock (Ark.) Fleet Services Dept.
- City of Long Beach
- City of Moline, Ill., Fleet Services
- City of Oakland, Calif.
- City of Oceanside, Calif.
- City of Orange, Calif.
- City of Raleigh, N.C., Vehicle Fleet Service
- City of Riverside, Calif.
- City of San Jose, Calif.
- City of Tacoma, Wash.
- City of Tampa (Fla.) Fleet Management (Tim Perry)
- City of Tempe, Ariz.
- City of Ventura, Calif.
- Cobb County (Ga.) Support Services
- County of Riverside (Calif.) Purchasing & Fleet Services
- CPS Energy, Texas
- Dakota County (Minn.) Fleet Management
- Eugene Water & Electric Board, Ore.
- Forest Preserve District of DuPage County, Ill.
- Hillsborough County, Fla.
- New York City Police Department
- NYC Department of Citywide Administrative Services
- Port Authority of New York and New Jersey
- Sarasota County (Fla.) Government
While these fleets did not make the top 50 Leading Fleets, the judges feel their accomplishments warrant recognition.
- City of Austin (Texas) Fleet Services
- City of Conroe, Texas
- City of Durham, N.C.
- City of Eugene, Ore.
- City of Huntington Beach, Calif.
- City of Moscow, Idaho
- City Of Muskogee, Okla.
- City of Roanoke, Va.
- City of West University Place, Texas
- Colorado State Fleet Management
- County of Volusia, Fla.
- DC Water
- Denver International Airport (DIA)
- Kentucky, Division of Fleet Management
- King County (Wash.) Fleet Administration Division
- Monterey County, Calif.
- Oregon Department of Administrative Services
- State of Delaware OMB/GSS
- Town of Castle Rock, Ore.
- WA State Department of Transportation