As side-loader collection vehicles continue to gain popularity in residential refuse applications, Peterbilt Motors Company announced a new right-hand stand-up configuration of its recently redesigned low-cab forward Model 320.
The redesigned Model 320 was introduced in 2014 with an entirely new ProBilt interior that features enhanced fit and finish and numerous updates that improve operator comfort, productivity, and safety, according to the manufacturer.
The Model 320 is available in left-hand, right-hand, and dual drive with right-hand stand-up configurations.
The right-hand stand-up drive option includes:
- Convenient array of controls and displays, including the selector switch to activate the right-hand drive station.
- Lowered entry step for ease of entry and exit.
- Angled steering column for improved ergonomics and driver comfort.
- Large upper and lower side-door windows for excellent visibility.
- HVAC and radio controls in the header of both the right- and left-hand stations.
- Multi-function turn stalk.
- Easy-to-reach door handle.
- Pivot-style seat for easy stowage during stand-up operation.
The new Model 320 went into production in late 2013 with a floor-to-ceiling redesign of the interior, according to the company. Features now include a new instrumentation panel with LED backlit gauges; Peterbilt Driver Information Display that provides real-time communication of vehicle performance and diagnostics; easy-to-reach instrumentation; and increased visibility, including rear cab corner windows.
Peterbilt also offers a wide range of natural gas powered refuse vehicles, including the Models 320, 567, and 579.
The Model 320 with right-hand stand-up drive is available for order now.