Skyfire Consulting, a major public safety unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) consulting group, announced it has launched Skyfire Response — a complete turnkey solution for Drone First Responder (DFR) programs.
DFR programs enhance responses to emergency situations and adds an element of safety for public safety agencies and the community. DFR programs aim to decrease response times, provide situational awareness, and increase efficiency among law enforcement agencies.
“Increasingly, public safety agencies across the country are under-resourced and understaffed,” Skyfire founder and CEO Matt Sloane said. “The all-new Skyfire Response product offering allows agencies of all sizes to completely outsource Dronehttps://www.government-fleet.com/10195682/eyes-in-the-sky-police-drone-news-roundup First Responder (DFR) program setup and operations to experts so they can focus on the job at hand.”
Skyfire Response leverages Skyfire’s partnerships with hardware, software, drone-in-a-box and data analytics providers to allow agencies with existing UAS programs to upgrade to a DFR response; and new agencies to start with ease.
Included within Skyfire Response is a new partnership with Echodyne — a radar platform company, which designs and delivers high-performance compact, solid-state radars based on the company’s patented metamaterials ESA technology. Skyfire and Echodyne aim to provide the most complete and robust airspace awareness for public safety and in turn offer truly remote flying without a visual observer.
Skyfire launched its drone pilot network in October 2022. The network is a collection of public safety-certified UAS pilots who can be deployed for remote pilot work, emergency response efforts, and training classes across the country.
Skyfire Response will come in three tiers - Gold, Silver, and Bronze - and will vary based on the amount of coverage needed, hardware, software, and level of autonomy.
Here’s a look at what Skyfire Response provides:
- Equipment: Skyfire provides consultation and facilitates procurement of the latest aircraft from multiple manufacturers, compact airspace awareness radars from Echodyne, and drone-in-a-box solutions from Hextronix and Ondas, to meet public safety department’s requirements.
- Training: Skyfire’s training covers program development, FAA regulations, UAS operations, Part 107, and hands-on tactical applications. Skyfire also offers advanced courses in SWAT operations, accident reconstruction, evidence collection, and mapping/thermography.
- FAA Consulting: From basic Part 107 certification to Blanket and Jurisdictional COAs to Tactical Beyond Visual Line of Sight (TBVLOS) and traditional Beyond Visual Line of Sight (BVLOS) operations, Skyfire has more experience than any other consultancy in the country. Skyfire has filed over 700 traditional COAs in partnership with agencies across the country; and is currently developing a BVLOS waiver with no visual observer utilizing Echodyne’s radar products.
- Software: Using various types of software, Skyfire provides public safety teams with everything from remote video streaming to full remote-piloting capabilities from the comfort of a desktop computer. Software services are billed separately, and as a recurring service.
- Program Operation: For agencies wanting to completely outsource their DFR program, Skyfire’s team of experienced, vetted, and safety-conscious pilots fly the UAS.