Public sector fleet managers are forced to navigate a maze of rising fuel costs, shrinking budgets, green fleet-conversion, liability and safety concerns, as well as the near-constant introduction of ever-evolving technologies.
Guidance through challenges of a changing industry can be found at the upcoming GFX conference, "Inspiring Innovation: Meeting Fleet Challenges With Creative Solutions," presented by Government Fleet, at the Town and Country Resort & Convention Center in San Diego, June 8-11.
GF surveyed hundreds of public sector fleet managers and assembled a board of 12 of the most experienced to develop a conference by fleet managers for fleet managers.
Learning, Training, and Certification Opportunities
GFX has partnered with the following organizations to provide comprehensive training and networking at GFX:
• Association of Equipment Manage-ment Professionals (AEMP).
• American Public Works Association (APWA).
• National Institute of Automotive Service Excellence (ASE).
• California County Fleet Managers Association.
• Clean Cities Coalition.
• Motor & Equipment Manufacturers Association (MEMA).
• NAFA, Fleet Management Association.
• National Conference of State Fleet Administrators (NCSFA).
• Rocky Mountain Fleet Management Association (RMFMA).
In the "Successful Grant Writing Seminar," attendees can learn where the money is and how to get it: Homeland Security grants, green grants, and more. Other training offered at GFX includes a fleet manager Six Sigma training session, fleet manager’s best practices, and how to obtain ASE/Blue Seal certification.
Conference partipants also have the opportunity to take the APWA Certified Public Fleet Professional exam or the NAFA Certified Automotive Fleet Manager (CAFM) exam.
Speakers will include award-winning fleet managers. Other presentation topics include:
• Going green: what’s working.
• Utilizing reporting to get resources.
• Outsourcing and insourcing.
• Hiring and keeping technicians.
• Collision and safety management.
• Getting recognition.
• Opportunities for positive change.
• Determining true vehicle and life-cycle costs.
• The safe, green, and compliant shop.
• Fleet business plans and budgets.
• Cooperative procurement.
• Right-sizing your fleet.
Ride, Drive, and Network
The conference ride & drive event will offer attendees the chance to test-drive the latest vehicles and experience first-hand new developments in off-road equipment.
Also available will be a tour of the San Diego County fleet facility, managed by the 2007 Public Sector Fleet Manager of the Year, John Clements.
Following the fleet facility tour, attendees can network with peers during the GFX Networking Reception, sponsored by Maximus.
Early bird registration is currently available. Register before May 23 to receive $100 off. For more information, visit www.govermentfleetexpo.com, call Eric Bearly at (310) 533-2579, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
See all comments