Six public sector fleet professionals joined Public Fleet Hall of Fame this year, joining a group of fleet professionals who have made a significant impact to the industry. The new inductees were recognized at The Honors Celebration at the Government Fleet Expo and Conference (GFX) on June 21.
Honorees are industry leaders and pioneers who have significantly contributed to the public fleet profession. The award is sponsored by the National Joint Powers Alliance (NJPA).
Each inductee shared a nugget of industry knowledge or career advice with the audience.
The six inductees are:
- John Alley, CAFM, King County Metro Transit, Wash.; City of San Diego, Calif.; Washington State Patrol; U.S. Military
Approximate Years in Fleet: 49
- Sharyl Blackington, San Diego County; U.S. Navy
Approximate Years in Fleet: 37
- Barb Bonansinga, State of Illinois
Approximate Years in Fleet: 30+
- Paul Condran, City of Culver City, Calif.
Approximate Years in Fleet: 35
- Dave Head, Head Fleet Management; County of Sonoma, Calif.
Approximate Years in Fleet: 44
- Dave Seavey, CAFM, Public Fleet Summits; Pacific Gas & Electric; City of Seattle, Wash.
Approximate Years in Fleet: 20
Of all the Hall of Fame inductees, Barb Bonansinga received a Legendary Lifetime Achievement Award.
Inductees are chosen by a combination of industry professionals via an online ballot and Government Fleet staff. To be eligible, they must have at least 20 years of experience in the industry, 10 of which must have been spent working for a public fleet or a private company contracted to manage a public fleet.