The Arkansas Public Fleet Managers Association (APFMA) voted in new officers at its annual conference in Little Rock, Ark., in May. New board members are:
- President: Jesse Beeks, CAFM, City of Fayetteville, Ark.
- Vice President: Rex Suggs, City of West Memphis, Ark.
- Treasurer: Barbara Olsen, City of Fayetteville, Ark.
- Members at Large; Greg Speas, City of Hot Springs, Ark.; Franklin Griffin, City of North Little Rock
- Vendor Representatives: John Ivy, O’Reilly Auto Parts; and Robert Mooney, Truck Centers of AR
- Project Manager: Gale Blackburn, APFMA Project Office
The two-day conference, which took place May 9-10, consisted of educational sessions, a vendor showcase, and product demonstrations. Industry experts spoke about outsourcing, alternative fuels such as propane and compressed natural gas (CNG), replacement schedules, standardizing a fleet, and volume purchasing.
A group of fleet managers founded the APFMA in 2007. Its purpose is to increase the knowledge and ability of local governmental fleet managers, administrators, and technicians; to promote the exchange of information between members, and to support the functions and the aims of the association.