Peterbilt has finalized the delivery of a Model 520EV refuse vehicle to Portland, Oregon's Disposal & Recycling operation. The zero-emissions Model 520EV will provide recycling and waste collection services for the city of Portland and advance its environmental sustainability initiatives.
Leaders from Portland's Disposal & Recycling, Portland General Electric Company, the city of Portland, McNeilus and Peterbilt recently gathered to reveal the new Model 520EV and celebrate this electrification milestone. Local media had the opportunity to ride along with the emission-free vehicle to experience the Model 520EV’s first pickup in Northwest Portland as part of a public unveiling event.
The Model 520EV Capabilities for Fleets
The Model 520EV is equipped with a McNeilus rear loader and can complete a full day of bin collections on a single charge. It provides extended operating range to COR Disposal & Recycling in addition to regenerative braking to enhance safety and optimized vehicle performance.
- GCWR:66,000 lbs.
- Used for:Right-Hand Side Loader and Rear Loader Refuse Collection
- Max Horsepower:670 hp (500kw)
- Front Axle & Suspension:20,000 - 23,000 lbs.
- Rear Axle & Suspension:46,000 lbs.
- Est Daily Range:80 - 120 Miles Per Charge (1,100 Bin Pickups)
- Minimum Charge Time:3 Hours