The Municipal Equipment Maintenance Association (MEMA) announced the results of its most recent election during a quarterly meeting at the Los Angeles County Fire Department’s Fleet Services facility.
The association’s 2020 board is:
- President: Dan Berlenbach, City of Long Beach
- Vice President: Katie Mishler, Cerritos College
- Treasurer: Manny Rebolledo, City of Ontario
- Secretary: Ivan Ortega, City of Long Beach
- Association Coordinator/Membership: Dean Tedtaotao, LA County Department of Public Works
- Sergeant at Arms: Matthew Harlow, City of Whittier
The association also took time to thank Craig Crowder from the City of Beverly Hills, who served as treasurer from 2000-2019.
The meeting included presentations from the Southern California Fire Mechanics Association, Los Angeles County Fire Museum, and Emergency Vehicle Technician Certification Commission (EVT-CC). In addition, OEMs Seagrave, Rosenbauer, and Pierce gave presentations on the latest innovations in fire trucks.
The meeting was concluded with a short tour of the LA County Fire Department’s Fleet Services facility, where vehicles are prepared for deployment and sent for repairs.