ClipperCreek's newest plug-in dual electric vehicle (EV) charging station, the HCS-D40P, is a 32-amp Level 2 plug-in station. It installs onto a single dedicated 40A circuit and can charge two vehicles simultaneously.
The HCS-D40P is offered with a NEMA 6-50 or 14-50 plug and automatically splits power between two vehicles based on the vehicles’ requests for power, with up to 16 amps of electricity each when both are charging and up to 32 amps when one vehicle is charging. The HCS-D40P comes with two 25-ft. charging cables, a rugged fully sealed NEMA 4 enclosure, and ClipperCreek’s three-year warranty and customer support. The HCS-D40P is available for $1,369.
Features of the HCS dual charging station include:
- 7.7kW of power
- Hardwired or plug-in available (NEMA 6-50 or NEMA 14-50 plug)
- Fully sealed, weatherproof NEMA 4 station enclosure for indoor or outdoor installation
- Operating temperatures: -22°F to 122°F
- Two SAE-J1772 universal connectors, suitable for charging any electric vehicle in the US
- Connectors accommodate a specially sized padlock for security (padlocks included)
- No assembly required