There was a lot of major government fleet news in 2019. Electrification led the headlines, with Ford shipping early orders of the hybrid Police Interceptor Utility, several OEMs announcing electric and hybrid versions of fire trucks and street sweepers, and fleets around the country adopting green fleet plans. Several notable recalls also made headlines this year.
But public safety fleets led the pack this year, with news related to police and fire vehicles claiming the top spots among the most read and most shared stories in 2019.
These were the most popular news stories on government-fleet.com:
- Pierce Recalls More than 800 Aerial Vehicles
- Here’s the Equipment You Can Transfer Onto the New 2020 Ford PIU
- Michigan State Police Tests 2020 Model-Year Vehicles
- Introducing the 2019 Leading Fleets
- Spartan Recalls 1,700 Fire Trucks
- Leading Fleets Rankings Announced at GFX
- Neb. Municipality Adds 7 New Fire Engines, Ending Apparatus Crisis
- 2020 Ford Police Interceptor Utility Adds Safety Features
- Lion Electric, Boivin Évolution Unveil All-Electric Waste Collection Truck
- LA Sheriff Tests 2020 Police Vehicles [Results]