JCB’s 19C-1E, the company’s first fully electric mini excavator, is available to customers in the United States and Canada. The 2-ton 19C-1E is ideally suited to construction and excavation applications within enclosed or urban job sites, or noise- and emissions-sensitive environments such as hospitals and schools. It offers the same power as JCB’s diesel-powered 19C excavator yet produces zero exhaust emissions and one-fifth of the noise.
Powered by three lithium-ion batteries creating 313 Ah of capacity, the 19C-1E can complete a typical day’s work on a single charge. An optional four-battery pack increases capacity to 417 Ah and delivers an additional 2 hours of continuous use. Other features include:
- 48-volt electric driveline generating peak power up to 27 hp
- Bosch Rexroth load-sensing hydraulic system for a maximum dig depth of 9 feet, 3 inches.
- On-board charger with standard, domestic 110V input for 12-hour recharging. Available 230V charging option for 8-hour recharge or fast charge option for 2-hour recharge.
- Retractable undercarriage to negotiate narrow spaces and doorways.
- Rugged battery pack housing to endure construction applications.
JCB research indicates that electric charging costs will be 50% lower than fuel costs for a comparable diesel machine over a five-year ownership period. Similarly, servicing costs will be up to 70% lower.