EY today announced that Gregory J. Owens, IronPlanet Chairman and CEO, is a finalist for the Entrepreneur Of The Year 2017 Award in Northern California. The awards program, which is celebrating its 31st year, recognizes entrepreneurs who are excelling in areas such as innovation, financial performance and personal commitment to their businesses and communities. Owens was selected as a finalist by a panel of independent judges. Award winners will be announced at a special gala event on June 23rd at The Fairmont in San Jose, California.
“Fearlessly pursuing online innovation that benefits both buyers and sellers every day is our mission,” said Gregory J. Owens, IronPlanet Chairman and CEO. “It is a great distinction to be an EY Entrepreneur Of The Year Finalist, and I couldn’t be more proud of the work we have done to help transform critical heavy equipment commerce around the world.”
The finalists are:
- 8x8 Inc. Bryan Martin, Chairman and Chief Technology Officer and Vikram Verma, CEO | San Jose, California
- Ambarella Fermi Wang, CEO | Santa Clara, California
- App Annie Bertrand Schmitt, CEO & co-founder | San Francisco, California
- Big Switch Networks Douglas Murray, Chief Executive Officer and Kyle Forster, Founder | Santa Clara, California
- Bill.com René Lacerte, CEO and founder | Palo Alto, California
- C3 IoT Thomas Siebel, CEO, Chairman, and Founder | Redwood City, California
- Center for Learning and Autism Support Services, Inc. (CLASS) Denise Pollard, President / Chief Executive Officer | San Mateo, California
- CoverHound Inc. Keith Moore, CEO & Executive Board Director | San Francisco, California
- CrowdStrike George Kurtz, President and CEO | Sunnyvale, California
- Doximity Jeff Tangney, CEO and Founder and Shari Buck, Co-Founder and Vice President of Product Management | San Francisco, California
- Financial Technology Partners Steven McLaughlin, Founder / CEO / Managing Partner | San Francisco, California
- Five9 Mike Burkland, President & CEO | San Ramon, California
- hint Inc. Kara Goldin, CEO | San Francisco, California
- HotelTonight Sam Shank, CEO | San Francisco, California
- IronPlanet Gregory Owens, Chairman and CEO | Pleasanton, California
- Kateeva, Inc. Conor Madigan, Chief Operating Officer, President & Co-Founder | Newark, California
- Liftoff Mobile, Inc. Mark Ellis, CEO | Palo Alto, California
- Nevro Corp. Rami Elghandour, President and CEO | Redwood City, California
- Opendoor Eric Wu, Founder and CEO | San Francisco, California
- Peek Travel, Inc. Ruzwana Bashir, CEO | San Francisco, California
- SST, Inc./ShotSpotter Ralph Clark, Chief Executive Officer | Newark, California
- Tanium David Hindawi, Executive Chairman & co-founder and Orion Hindawi, Chief Executive Officer & co-founder | Emeryville, California
- Tradeshift, inc. Christian Lanng, CEO, chairman, and co-founder | San Francisco, California
- TRX FITNESS ANYWHERE LLC Randal Hetrick, CEO/Founder | San Francisco, California
Now in its 31st year, the program has expanded to recognize business leaders in over 145 cities and more than 60 countries throughout the world.
Regional award winners are eligible for consideration in the Entrepreneur Of The Year National Awards. Award winners in several national categories, as well as the Entrepreneur Of The Year National Overall Award winner, will be announced at the Entrepreneur Of The Year National Awards gala in Palm Springs, California, November 18, 2017. The awards are the culminating event of the Strategic Growth Forum, the nation’s most prestigious gathering of high-growth, market-leading companies. The Entrepreneur Of The Year National Overall Award winner moves on to compete for the World Entrepreneur Of The Year Award in Monaco in June 2018.
Founded and produced by EY, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards are nationally sponsored in the US by SAP America, Merrill Corporation and the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation.
In Northern California, regional Gold sponsors include SolomonEdwards; Silver sponsors include Big Picture Inc. and Chatham Financial.
See all comments