AYRO recently announced the launch of the AYRO Vanish, the first low-speed electric vehicle (LSEV) in the company's new strategic product roadmap.
The AYRO Vanish is a utility LSEV with a lightweight architecture to limit vehicle weight and maximize payload capacity. The vehicle offers highly adaptable bed configurations to support both light-duty and heavy-duty needs while also limiting the vehicle’s impact on the environment, according to a press release.
All in the Details
The AYRO Vanish will initially offer the following configurations:
- Flat Bed, the core platform designed to support a multitude of applications
- Utility Bed (heavy and light-duty) with fold down pick up bed sides and
- Van Box with securable storage
- Food Box (powered and non-powered) with capability to serve hot and cold
- food and beverages on campuses, resorts and event venues.
The AYRO Vanish vehicle specifications include:
- Speed: LSV programmed up to 25 MPH
- Payload: Maximum payload of 1,200 lbs low-speed vehicle (LSV) and 1,800 lbs (non-LSV), dependent on final vehicle configuration
- Range: Estimated 50 miles or greater range based on a full charge (actual range will vary based on several factors, including temperature, terrain, vehicle loading, use, and configuration)
- Battery Type: Lithium Ion
- Charging: No specialized charging infrastructure required, uses standard 110V/20 amp outlet and is also configured for J1772 charging
- Dimensions: 155” L x 58” W x 76” H (fits through double doors with mirrors removed)
The AYRO Vanish is ideal for times when conventional pickup trucks are too large, but a golf or utility cart may be too small.
The core platform of the AYRO Vanish is expected to start around $25,000 respectively.
In addition to designing a next-generation base vehicle, AYRO is developing a customized family of swappable payloads and embedded software operator aids making the Vanish platform much
more than just a truck, AYRO reported.
In developing the AYRO Vanish, AYRO has filed and has pending two new design patents, multiple underlying seminal patents in sustainability, four U.S. Utility Patents, and two additional U.S. Utility Patent Applications in process.
“We designed the AYRO Vanish from the ground up,” AYRO CEO Tom Wittenschlaeger said. “From concept to production to implementation, we wanted to make sure every detail was considered. Also, the vehicle is primarily sourced from North America and Europe, with vehicle final assembly and integration in our Round Rock, Texas facility, thus eliminating concerns regarding rising costs of trans-Pacific shipping, shipping times, import duties and quality.”
Exclusive Dealer Program
This month, AYRO announced an exclusive dealer program for the AYRO Vanish, for established dealers of commercial recreational vehicles, all-terrain vehicles, and golf cars. The program will allow the Vanish and future products to be brought to additional markets, including government fleet and operations managers.
The program offers a range of benefits for prospective dealers including:
- Territory exclusivity
- Extensive training and support
- First-right-of-refusal on future AYRO products
- Volume purchase discounts
- In-house financing program with 180-day floor planning and no interest for select dealers.
AYRO began accepting pre-orders for the Vanish on May 19, 2023.