Dakota Bodies announced the release of their new and improved weld together service body Jan. 4. From what started their company in 1997, the traditional weld together design has seen many improvements over the years and Dakota Bodies recently introduced some further developments to improve price, performance, and appearance.
The weld together design of the Gen II Service Body provides a long-term, solid connection between parts to achieve exceptional structural integrity. The most notable update to this body is the included universal mounting kit designed to fit 2020 and newer Ford, Ram, and GM chassis.
Other major design updates include:
- Compression T-handle door latches
- Cast aluminum fenderettes
- Silver zinc finish tailgate brackets
- Fuel filler cup in streetside fender
- Modernized bumper appearance