Fleet Management

Ford Offers Heavy Payload F-150 to Commercial Users

March 13, 2015, by Paul Clinton

Ford has begun offering a heavy payload package on regular cab and extended cab 2015 F-150 trucks. Photo courtesy of Ford.

Ford has begun offering a heavy payload package with its 2015 F-150 pickup that increases the payload and towing capabilities for fleet and other commercial users.

The Heavy-Duty Payload Package increases the truck's payload and towing capabilities with an eight-foot cargo box, upgraded springs, tires, and wheels, as well as a heavier duty leaf supension. The package is available for the regular cab or extended cab (SuperCab) models equipped with the 5.0-liter V-8 or 3.5-liter EcoBoost V-6.

The package increases the truck's GVWR to 7,600 pounds for the XL trim and 7,850 pounds for the XLT and Lariat trim models. The package is paired with the Max Trailer Tow Package on the EcoBoost and the Trailer Tow Package on the V-8. The Heavy-Duty Payload Package retails for $1,500.

The package increases payload to 3,300 pounds for the V-8 and 2,900 pounds for the EcoBoost. Without the package, the EcoBoost truck has a maximum payload of 2,230 pounds. Trailering capability for a SuperCab with the EcoBoost would increase to 11,800 pounds from 10,700, said Mike Levine, Ford's truck communications manager.

The upgrade is designed for commercial users in the construction, landscape, and automotive parts industries, Levine said.

The heavy payload package includes five LT245/70R17E BSW A/T tires for the XL; five LT275/65R18C OWL A/T tires for the XLT or Lariat; 17-inch silver steel heavy-duty wheels for the XL; 18-inch silver aluminum heavy-duty wheels for the XLT or Lariat; upgraded springs and auxiliary transmission oil cooler; and a 9.75-inch gear set with 3.73 electronic-locking slip axle.

Comments

1. 1. Desperado [ March 14, 2015 @ 09:26AM ]

Nice trucks,will be interesting to see how they do a few years down the road in the field .

2. 2. Darrin [ June 24, 2015 @ 08:17AM ]

I ordered a heavy duty payload F150 on December 23, 2014 and, as of June 23, 2015 it still hasn't arrived! Don't even have a VIN yet. Needless to say .... I'm not impressed. I wouldn't order one unless you confirm with Ford that they're rolling them off the line.

3. 3. Tim [ February 03, 2016 @ 09:46AM ]

They must mean the "ghost" package. I ordered mine last November and still no word on build date, just "parts" hold, whatever that means....

4. 4. Scott [ March 07, 2016 @ 12:30PM ]

I agree, ghost package. Been waiting since 2014

5. 5. Scott [ March 23, 2016 @ 11:29AM ]

False advertising on Fords part. You cannot get one.

6. 6. Lance R. [ April 02, 2016 @ 09:49AM ]

I bought a used 2008 F150 with 5.4ltr, HD payload, HD towing package & 4.10 rear end after a single owner commercial lease. Well kept and had 72k. for $10k. total tow cap 11.2k. GCWR 16.4k. I've a 34 foot TT I need to transport to a long term site and I'm happy with the truck for the money.

7. 7. Vito [ July 12, 2016 @ 05:27PM ]

Ordered a 2015 f150 with hd package a year ago,didn't come. Ordered a 2016 14 months ago with hd package it finally arrived yesterday

8. 8. JRAMM [ November 25, 2016 @ 06:49PM ]

Vito: did u get the 6 or 7 lug axles , this has not been discussed so far. I really want the 7 lug they were available in 2014

9. 9. Dean [ March 30, 2017 @ 06:05AM ]

I ordered a 2017 second generation ecoboost and I can't believe that lariat has anything different then the rest of the trucks on the lot same Springs it has 3.73 gear and 6 lugs aisle for this I gave up the console and MOONROOF and remote start

10. 10. Jim [ July 11, 2017 @ 07:08PM ]

Tundra has standard 14 in brakes, oil/transmission cooler, 4.20 gears with 10 in ring gear. Aftermarket HD springs can be had for $800. And nice V8 motor. Not great mpg but good truck.

Comment On This Story

Name:
Email:
Comment: (Maximum 10000 characters)
Leave this field empty:
* Please note that every comment is moderated.

FleetFAQ

Public Fleet Tracking And Telematics

Amin Amini from Verizon will answer your questions and challenges

Recent Topics

Has anyone played with the idea of leasing vehicles' vs. purchasing. And are there any benefits to it. I know Enterprise offers a...

View Topic

Here's an EV question or two: How are you paying for the charging station? I have some interested parties in my city, but not an...

View Topic

Fleet Documents

1019 Fleet Documents (and counting) to Download!