TORRANCE, CA - Government Fleet magazine is accepting nominations for the 2012 Public Sector Fleet Manager of the Year Award. Nominations will be accepted through Friday, Feb. 10.
The annual award, now in its eighth year, is sponsored by Fleet Counselor Services, Inc.
Fleet managers who have been nominated will be contacted to complete a short essay questionnaire. The questionnaire is based on some of the fleet certification standards developed by Fleet Counselor Services, Inc., and will serve as a prequalification process for an independent panel of fleet professionals appointed by Government Fleet magazine, who will be charged with qualifying and ranking each nominee to determine the winner. The winner will be announced at this year's Government Fleet Expo June 18-20 in Denver.
The Public Sector Fleet Manager of the Year questionnaire consists of 10 questions:
- Business plan development.
- Computer systems and technology utilization.
- Productivity initiatives.
- Policies and procedures development and implementation.
- Preventive maintenance programs.
- Utilization management.
- Vehicle acquisition and replacement programs.
- Customer service and downtime initiatives.
- Fuel management program.
- Accomplishments in the 2011 calendar-year.
Sam Lamerato, superintendent of Fleet Maintenance for the City of Troy, Mich., was selected as the 2011 Public Sector Fleet Manager of the Year, announced June 8, 2011 at the Government Fleet Expo in San Diego.
Click here to make your nominations: www.government-fleet.com/BestFleetManager/.