LITTLE ROCK, AR - On March 17 and 18, the Arkansas Public Fleet Managers Association held its annual conference in Little Rock. Hosting this year’s conference was the City of Little Rock's Fleet Services. During the two-day conference, speakers were on hand to talk about various topics, including sustainability, alternative fuel vehicle and hybrid options, right-sizing your fleet, and alternative revenue sources; improving your bottom line.
Vendors from the Arkansas area that sponsored the event included River City Hydraulics and Diamond International. On hand as well to help sponsor were FuelMaster, Syn-Tech Systems, and The Heil Company.
The APFMA was organized a few years ago at the urging of Tom Johnson during a visit to the City of Little Rock Fleet Services as he recognized a need for collaboration of Fleet managers in Arkansas. A year later the APFMA was formed and has been growing since.
“We have formed a committee to look at cooperative purchasing of fuel,” said Darryl Syler (pictured), newly elected President of the APFMA. “A couple of our other goals for the year are to increase our membership and get a website up and running so that we can provide timely information to all of our members.”
- President: J.Darryl Syler, City of Little Rock Fleet Maintenance Manager
- Vice President: Dennis Pratt, City of Fayetteville Fleet Manager
- Treasure: Barbara Olsen, City of Fayetteville
- Sectary: Teresa Wallace, City of Little Rock Fleet Services
- Past President: Wendell Jones, City of Little Rock Fleet Director
- Past President: Greg Speas, City of Hot Springs Fleet Director