Case Construction Equipment introduced an all-new, purpose-built landfill configuration for its 2050M dozer.
The Case 2050M is the manufacturer’s most powerful dozer, operating at a rated 214 net hp with a drawbar pull of 80,979 lbs. The new configuration features extensive guarding and systems to keep the dozer working efficiently in large-scale landfill operations. Key components of the new configuration include:
- A new wide-track- or low-ground-pressure-track-configured bulldozer semi-u blade with trash rack that increases blade capacity to 14.5 cubic yards, with an overall height of 79 inches, to allow significant material carrying capacity and to take advantage of the 2050M’s drawbar pull.
- An optional 6-way PAT blade configuration with the same high material carrying capacity trash rack.
- New tank guards and debris deflectors that redirect material away from the chassis and protects the engine, cooling package, tanks, and other critical components.
- A chassis seal kit built from plate steel to cover gaps and prevent trash incursion and buildup.
- Standard front striker bars that prevent material from climbing the tracks and entering into the chassis, and optional track frame wrap striker bars to completely guard any material from wrapping the front idler area of the track frame.
- Window and door guards that protect the operator and the cab with 2- x 2-inch steel screens.
- A new Sy-Klone Series 9000 pre-cleaner with screens that prevents trash and debris from entering the engine air intake system.
- A heavy-duty radiator door that protects from impact and debris.
- A new rear cabinet and counterweight that provides tow hook, tow rope mounting provisions, striker bars, suitcase weights, and mounting provisions for an owner-installed aftermarket fire suppression system.
- A specially designed set of super-duty final drive guards with multiple overlapping seal guards that prevent material and wire from wrapping, overlapping, and sacrificing critical final drive seals.
- Optional HEPA Sy-Klone Cab air cleaner with landfill protective enclosure.
- Additional components, including extensive hose and cylinder guards, exhaust insulation, and grease fitting protection.
At its core, the 2050M features primary operating systems and components ideally suited for working in landfills. In addition to the robust drawbar pull, the dozer features a hydrostatic drive system that reduces parasitic drag on the engine and allows the machine to put more horsepower and torque to working efforts. An advanced load management system automatically reduces track speed (increasing torque) with a heavier load on the blade and increases track speed (reducing torque) with a lighter load on the blade, ensuring the machine is working at optimal power and efficiency. This system provides 100% power to a turning track, while also allowing inside tracks to maintain pushing power.
The Case 2050M meets EPA Tier 4 Final emissions regulations with selective catalytic reduction (SCR) technology.