Axon unveiled the second generation of its in-car video system, Axon Fleet 2, at its annual Axon Accelerate conference. Axon Fleet 2 incorporates a variety of upgrades based on feedback from law enforcement users. The product will ship in the third quarter of 2018.
For the new video system, Axon redesigned its front and back cameras while retaining its predecessor’s cloud-connected architecture. Axon Fleet 2 also features:
- A high-definition video system with wide field of view, zoon, infrared for the back seat and wireless microphone integration
- An intuitive mobile data terminal app, Axon View XL, for quick tagging and uploads
- The ability to efficiently categorize, play back, and share all video alongside other digital files on evidence.com
- Multi-cam playback for reviewing up to four videos at a time, including body-worn and in-car footage
- Best-in-class install times and quick remote troubleshooting
Axon developed its in-car video system as a streamlined, connected approach for law enforcement to securely share critical video evidence. The cloud-based product allows users to capture and upload video footage directly to evidence.com, which is hosted on the Microsoft Azure secure cloud platform. The integration of Axon Fleet 2 with evidence.com is designed to eliminate the need for DVRs and other outdated, bulky hardware found in standard in-car video systems.
Axon has shipped more than 5,000 of its first generation Axon Fleet systems. Customers include the Fort Worth, New Orleans, and Virginia Beach police departments.
The Axon Fleet 2 solution is $129 per month over five years and includes two complete sets of hardware and an Evidence.com license with unlimited storage.