Wheel-Check can identify a loose wheel nut with a simple visual inspection. When combines with preventive maintenance procedures and regular inspections, unexpected and expensive brake or bearing problems can be avoided. Wheel-Check can identify a loose wheel nut with a simple visual inspection.
When the wheel nuts are properly torqued to specs, Wheel-Checks are placed on the wheel nuts in a uniformed pattern. Once a wheel-nut has loosened, the Wheel-Check will become out of sequence, making it visible when the driver does a walk-around check.
Wheel-Checks are also heat sensitive. If there is a binding brake or seized bearing, the heat is transferred through the stud and nut. Once the temperature exceeds 120º C (248º F), the Wheel-Check will start to blister around the circumference and eventually start to distort. A wheel bearing failure can have grave consequences if it occurs while driving at highway speeds and the vehicle loses a wheel. This is why wheel bearings should always be inspected. A driver will be required to go to maintenance and have a thorough assessment on the problem wheel.
Additional benefits include:
- Provides a simple, visual means of confirming proper wheel torque in seconds.
- Lower your maintenance costs by eliminating unnecessary re-torquing.
- Costs only a few dollars per wheel.
- Facilitates official roadside inspections.
- 17+ sizes available, custom sizes and color upon request