The Durabook R8300 from GammaTech Computer Corp. is designed for users in extreme applications and environments. The fully rugged notebook is used by military troops, public safety workers, and many governmental departments.
New or upgraded features include:
- Choice of four Intel 6th generation Skylake turbo processors
- Improved visibility in all lighting conditions to improve clarity without sacrificing battery life.
- Two 204-pin DDR4 SODIMM sockets. The new sockets use up to 20% less power than DDR3 for less battery used, lower energy costs, and lower system temperature. DDR4 is also twice as fast as its predecessor.
- Wi-Fi/Bluetooth combo featuring Intel wireless-AC 8260 and dual-mode Bluetooth 4.2 for improved coverage.
- Additional safety measures, including platform authentication and biometric fingerprint scanner to identify and verify individuals.
The notebook is backed with GammaTech's three-year Peace of Mind warranty.