Magellan announced an update to the RoadMate Commercial 5190T-LM, a fleet navigation device. Designed to help commercial drivers safely, accurately, and efficiently plan, drive, and report their trips, the unit features comprehensive protocol support (including HOS and IFTA), best-in-class truck navigation software, and the Windows Embedded Compact (WinCE) operating system.
The RoadMate Commercial 5190T-LM also comes with a large 5-inch high-definition touch-screen display; multiple destination, truck-specific routing technology; free lifetime map updates and real-time traffic alerts; Bluetooth hands-free calling capability; and an extra-loud 93dB speaker.
The Magellan RoadMate Commercial 5190T-LM includes a comprehensive fleet protocol-support package. A sampling of which includes:
- Driving status reporting of hours of service (HOS) for multiple-driver logins logs hours of service and driving status, tracks hours, and records state mileage for IFTA (International Fuel Tax Agreement) fuel logging; all logs may be exported for reporting and tracking.
- Automatic on board recording (AOBRD) to assist with HOS and IFTA tracking.
- Vehicle profile protocols that allow the office to import/export height, width, length, weight, and type of vehicle for custom and safe routing.
- Text message protocols for sending and receiving messages between driver and office.
- Destination protocols to receive and display new stops sent from the office.
- Estimated time of arrival (ETA) protocols.
- Multi-destination protocols that allow the office to send up to 12 destinations to the driver.
- Status protocols that show up-to-the-minute vehicle location, including current GPS position, TTG (time to go) to next destination, and more.
- Auto arrival protocol that automatically detects when driver has arrived at a stop.