GearWrench, a hand tool brand from Apex Tool Group, announced the new 120XP Flex Head Ratchet will be available for purchase mid to late March. The new ratchet includes all the features of the standard 120XP Ratchet plus an adjustable flex head with six positions, giving the end user additional clearance and improved access, the company stated.
The 120XP Flex Head Ratchet has a longer reach handle than the standard 120XP, providing access to hard-to-reach fasteners. Like the original 120XP Ratchet, the Flex Head has a 60-tooth gear that alternately engages double-stacked pawls to produce 120 positions and three-degree swing arc. The new ratchet is available in both full polish and cushion grip in 1/4-inch and 3/8-inch drive sizes.
The ratchet’s teardrop-shaped head has a low-profile, flush-mounted on/off switch, which also improves access in tight spaces, according to the company. GearWrench added that the enclosed head design resists dirt infiltration and that the product exceeds the ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers) strength requirements.
The following 120XP Flex Head Ratchet products are now available:
- 1/4-inch Drive Flex Head Ratchet in full polish or cushion grip
- 3/8-inch Drive Flex Head Ratchet in full polish, stubby and cushion grip
- 1/2-inch Drive Flex Head Ratchet in full polish
- Two-piece cushion grip Flex Head Ratchet Set, which includes 1/4-inch and 3/8-inch cushion grip ratchets, in a durable foam storage tray
- Four-piece full polish mixed ratchet set, which includes 1/4-inch, 3/8-inch, and 1/2-inch drive 120XP full polish Flex Head Ratchets and 3/8-inch drive 120XP full polish stubby Flex Head Ratchet in a foam storage tray