Panasonic Solutions Company announced the Toughbook H2, a fully-rugged, ergonomic Windows tablet PC. The device's handheld design offers the right mix of mobility, performance and connectivity for field service workers, first responders, clinicians and other mission-critical professionals. This next-generation tablet includes an enhanced processor, increased RAM and hard drive capacity, I/O ports and a screen that delivers exceptional viewability in all lighting conditions through the use of Panasonic's TransflectivePlus technology.
The Toughbook H2 is powered by an Intel Core i5-2557M vPro processor (1.7GHz with Turbo Boost up to 2.7GHz) for faster speeds and enhanced device management. The device also comes standard with 4GB RAM, expandable to 8GB, and a 320GB 7200rpm hard disk drive, with an optional 128GB solid state drive available.
Starting at only 3.5 pounds, the H2 delivers 6.5 hours of battery life and includes fast charging twin hot-swappable batteries that allow for virtually limitless use, maximizing up time. Panasonic has also upgraded the desktop cradle to improve charge time to three hours.
"Panasonic is committed to providing our customers the ultimate in performance, mobility and connectivity," said Kyp Walls, director of product management, Panasonic Solutions Company. "The Toughbook H2's enhancements are designed to provide mission-critical workers with additional functionality and computing capabilities. The H2 maintains the same level of durability as the previous models and continues the H1's industry-leading reliability of less than one percent annualized failure rate."
Panasonic Toughbook H2: Select Features and Specifications
- Genuine Windows 7® (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Intel® CoreTM i5-2557M vProTM processor (1.7GHz)
- 4-8GB RAM
- 320GB (7200rpm) shock-mounted HHD or optional 128GB SSD
- 10.1" XGA sunlight-viewable dual touch LCD
- TransflectivePlus technology (up to 6000 nit)
- Circular polarizer with anti-glare and anti-reflective screen treatments
- 6.5 hour battery life
- Twin hot-swappable batteries
- 3.5 lbs (with both batteries)
- 10.8" (L) x 10.6" (W) x 2.3" (H)
- Embedded Connectivity
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Bluetooth® v2.1 + EDR (Class 1)
- Optional 4G mobile broadband (Fall 2011)
- Optional GobiTM2000 3G mobile broadband
- Integrated Options
- Global positioning system (GPS) receiver
- Barcode reader
- 2MP auto-focus camera with LED light
- RFID reader
- True serial
- USB (optional 2nd USB port - replaces ethernet)
- Optional Security Features
- Fingerprint reader
- Contactless SmartCard reader
- Insertable SmartCard reader - configurable for Common Access Card (CAC) use
Pricing and Availability
The Panasonic Toughbook H2 will be available worldwide in July 2011. In the United States, the base Toughbook H2 model is expected to be available at an estimated street price of $3,449 from authorized Panasonic resellers and distributors. The Toughbook H2 is backed with a three-year limited warranty. uilt devices can be found on the brand's blog - Toughbloggers.com.
For more information on the Toughbook H2 and other Toughbook mobile computers, go to www.toughbook.com.