Chevin Fleet Solutions, a leading global provider of fleet management software, has launched a new SaaS package designed to support essential fleet, maintenance and compliance management responsibilities.
The new product, FleetWave CORE, is a pre-configured version of Chevin's multi-award-winning enterprise fleet management software. With a highly competitive price point, CORE is described as containing the fundamental tools needed for best practice fleet management, straight out-of-the-box.
"CORE is comprised of all the key tools and reports that most organizations will need to run an effective fleet operation, and we are continuously updating the application with new features," said Ashley Sowerby, Chevin's managing director. "Many organizations we speak to still rely on out-of-date legacy systems, spreadsheets and paper-based methods to manage their fleet, and is CORE the perfect application to help them update their processes to best practice, using a modern, cloud-based solution."
Compared to FleetWave and other products on the market, CORE pricing is more accessible for not only small and medium sized businesses, but also larger fleets looking for a lower-cost alternative.
Chevin says this price reduction was primarily achieved by eliminating the project management and configuration services that are usually included. This also allows for much faster deployment times compared to its project-managed counterpart, allowing CORE to simply be 'turned on' for immediate use.
"The biggest barrier for smaller organizations looking at enterprise fleet software is the initial investment and lengthy delivery times," said Sowerby. "Developing a pre-configured version of our product that can be instantly deployed but still expanded with additional functionality post-installation has allowed us to offer the benefits of FleetWave to a much wider market."
At the point-of-sale it includes a variety of built-in features, including:
- An asset registry, to document all company-owned vehicles and any associated information
- Vehicle and equipment allocations, to track which operator is in possession of which vehicle, usage details such as reason and meter readings
- Regulatory and legal compliance, allowing fleet managers to keep on top of strict government requirements such as MOT, Tax, Insurance and O Licences
- Maintenance tracking, to manage job cards, defect reporting, warranty claims and service schedules
- Fuel logs, to record transactions, analyze fuel economy and associated vehicle emissions with optional fuel card integration
- Accident history, to report incidents, follows claims and track repairs
- Costing reports, detailing total ownership costs, cost-per-mile and more
- Dashboard KPIs, to provide an overview of fleet performance and alerts to important dates and events via a traffic-light system
Originally posted on Automotive Fleet