Nominations for the 5th annual Public Sector Fleet Manager of the Year award will be accepted online through January 30 at www.fleetmanageroftheyear.com/nominate.php.
The award is presented by Government Fleet magazine and sponsored by Automotive Resources International (ARI), with co-sponsor Fleet Counselor Services.
Public sector fleet managers are nominated by peers and required to complete a questionnaire outlining their achievements in nine areas of fleet management, including:
- Business plan development.
- Computer systems/technology utilization.
- Productivity initiatives.
- Policy and procedure development and implementation.
- Preventive maintenance programs.
- Utilization management.
- Vehicle acquisition and replacement programs.
- Customer service and downtime initiatives.
- Fuel management programs.
- 2008 accomplishments.
A panel of 20 judges comprised of industry peers individually score each application using a numerical 1-10 grading scale in each of the nine fleet management areas. The winner and two runners-up are selected based on the highest cumulative score.
Eligible nominees for the 2009 award are public sector fleet managers. Nominations are limited to two individuals per political subdivision or agency.