OTC has released version 18.104.22.168 of its Encore software to provide enhanced diagnostics information, an improved web browser experience, and an expanded data stream and global OBD II coverage in Spanish.
Improvements include the addition of a Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) quick reference guide and greater Ford power balance test functionality with expanded coverage. Additional Encore enhancements include expanded Mode 09 availability and technician-driven data stream improvements.
All Encore owners can download the latest update now and take advantage of the new vehicle coverage and tests. Technicians with expiring subscriptions must renew their subscriptions to keep their lifetime warranty active, receive future coverage updates and benefit from the Diagnostics for Life program.
Diagnostics for Life also encompasses expanded technical service hours. OTC has committed to making support available during the workweek, on nights and weekends, to help ensure technicians have the information and support they need to fix customer vehicles.
The Diagnostics for Life program applies to existing and future purchasers of the Encore. To qualify for Diagnostics for Life, technicians must only maintain an active, uninterrupted diagnostics subscription with OTC.
In April, OTC released Bravo 2.0 for Encore, making the tool faster and easier to use while expanding coverage and capabilities. Since then, four software updates have been released, helping technicians fix faster and providing the repair assets needed to diagnose vehicles.
Major highlights of that release include:
- The first OTC scan tool with Bosch's coverage database for European vehicles, expanding the Encore's coverage of Mercedes-Benz, BMW and Volvo.
- Faster, more stable operating system with expanded vehicle coverage and support.
- AutoID most CAN vehicles in less than five seconds.
- Additional coverage for Audi, BMW/Mini, Chrysler/Jeep, Ford, GM, Hyundai, Kia, Mercedes-Benz, Nissan, Toyota, Volkswagen and Volvo.
- More complete vehicle and tool coverage along with extended-hours technical service.
Originally posted on Automotive Fleet