The National Conference of State Fleet Administrators (NCSFA) elected new leaders at its October Fleet Managers Workshop in Burlington, Vt. Missouri Fleet Manager Cindy Dixon begins a two-year term as NCSFA president.
“Under the strong leadership of past President Barb Bonansinga, NCSFA has made some tremendous progress toward providing new products and services that are of great value to our members,” Dixon said. “As the new president, I am truly honored to carry on this tradition and thrilled about the momentum and excitement within our organization.”
Under her leadership, the NCSFA will establish Member Services and Communications subcommittees as well as upgrade the organization’s website with new online resources for members. Dixon added that a report of the group's recent benchmarking initiative will be finalized in the coming months.
Other committee members include:
- President Elect: Steve Weidner, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Vice President: Bob Williams, State of Tennessee
- Treasurer: Harmony Wilder, State of Vermont
- Secretary: Stan Perkins, State of Missouri
- Past President: Barb Bonansinga, State of Illinois
- Member-a- Large: Amanda Wilson, Indiana University
- Member-at-Large: Victor Vaughn, State of Tennessee
- Member-at-Large: Paul Hanson, State of Minnesota
- Lead Corporate Liaison: Denise Baumgart, WEX Inc.
- Corporate Liaison Elect: Ron Katz, Chevin Fleet Solutions
The NCSFA connects managers from state, local, university, and department of transportation government fleets and trade representatives. Its second annual workshop, focused on leadership and had about 80 attendees. Other topics of discussion included key performance indicators (KPIs), balancing compliance vs. customer service, fuel card strategies, and the latest on EPACT requirements. In addition, Curriculum Chair Sam Lee from the State of Utah provided an overview of the results of the group's benchmarking survey.
Annual awards presented in Burlington included: the Fleet Excellence Award, given to Scott Bingham, State of Utah Fleet; the Environmental Leadership Award, given to the State of Delaware Fleet Services; and the Distinguished Member Award, given to Chris Hoffman, Oklahoma State University fleet manager and outgoing past president of NCSFA.