Ten public sector fleet icons joined the first class of the peer-nominated Public Fleet Hall of Fame announced at the Government Fleet Expo and Conference in San Diego.
Government Fleet staff recognized the inductees during The Honors Celebration June 4. Honorees are industry leaders and pioneers who have significantly contributed to the public fleet profession. The award is sponsored by the National Joint Powers Alliance (NJPA).
The 10 inaugural inductees are:
- Richard Battersby, CAFM, CPFP, City of Oakland, Calif.; University of California, Davis; Contra Costa County, Calif.; State of California
- Larry Campbell, CPFP, City of Fort Wayne, Ind.
- John Clements, City of San Diego, Calif.; San Diego County, Calif.
- Bill DeRousse, Hendon Media Group; City of Everett, Wash.; Everett Transit, Wash.
- John Hunt, CPFP, City of Portland, Ore.; City of Fresno, Calif.
- Sam Lamerato, CPFP, City of Troy, Mich.
- Rick Longobart, City of Santa Ana, Calif.; City of Inglewood, Calif.; City of El Segundo, Calif.
- John McCorkhill, Jr., CFM, CAFM, CEM, CPFP, City of Lynchburg, Va.; City of Indianapolis, Ind.
- Win Mitchell (deceased), King County, Wash. – Dr. Myrtle Mitchell, his wife, was present to accept the plaque.
- Bob Stanton, CPM, CPFP, Donald C. Stone Leadership Fellow; (retired) City of San Antonio, Texas; Hillsborough County, Fla.; Polk County, Fla.
Of these, Sam Lamerato received a Legendary Lifetime Achievement Award.
Inductees are chosen by a combination of industry professionals via an online ballot and Government Fleet staff. To be eligible, they must have at least 20 years of experience in the industry, 10 of which must have been spent working for a public fleet or a private company contracted to manage a public fleet.
Each inductee shared a nugget of industry knowledge or helpful advice with the award event audience.