The California Air Resources Board (ARB) is offering free training courses in June-July. These courses will help diesel vehicle operators, maintenance personnel, and fleet managers understand requirements and technologies for complying with California's diesel vehicle regulations.
Provides an overview of the Off-Road Regulation, including applicability, requirements currently in effect, future compliance requirements, and an overview of the Diesel Off-Road Online Reporting System (DOORS).
- June 26, Sacramento and Webinar (9:00-12:00)
Discusses diesel particulate matter and health effects; diesel engine PM and NOx production and control strategies; DPF theory, types, regeneration, and application; and regulations associated with particulate filters.
- July 10, Lompoc (8:30am-3:30pm)
- July 11, Ventura (8:00am-3:00pm)
Briefly discusses diesel emissions and health effects; diesel emission control technology; DPF construction and application; and maintenance necessary for successful DPF operation. (For more comprehensive training on diesel after-treatment devices, please attend Course #511)
- June 4, Anderson (5:30-8:00pm)
- June 5, Sacramento (5:30-8:00pm)
Reviews the inspection process, discusses consequences of non-compliance, and explains how to comply with CARB’s regulations affecting most diesel vehicles and equipment operating in the State. This course is for truck owners, operators, brokers, dispatchers, and fleet managers, who are all responsible for complying with these regulations.
- June 3, Truckee (1:00-4:30pm)
- June 10, Sacramento & Webinar (8:30am-12:30pm)
- June 14, Diamond Bar (9:00am-12:30pm)
- June 20, Greenville (1:00-4:30pm)
- June 25, San Jose (1:00-4:30pm)
- June 26, San Leandro (9:00am-12:30pm)
To see a list of all CARB training courses available please visit https://ssl.arb.ca.gov/training/courselist.php.
Those interested in hosting a training session can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.