Government Fleet magazine announces its three finalists for the 2013 Public Sector Fleet Manager of the Year award. The award recognizes fleet manager accomplishments from the prior year. The award is sponsored by Fleet Counselor Services.
The finalists are:
Richard Battersby, CAFM, CPFP, director, Fleet Services, University of California, Davis
Paul Condran, equipment maintenance/fleet manager, City of Culver City, Calif.
William Griffiths, fleet management division chief, Montgomery County, Md.
Battersby's accomplishments include achieving a three-year goal to stabilize the fleet department's operations, introducing efficiency improvements, and correcting an operating deficit of $800,000 annually. Condran's achievements include assisting other fleets on the principles of fleet management and alternative fuels as well achieving 80% of the fleet's benchmarking goals. Griffiths' achievements include developing a FY-13 stategic business plan that brought the team together, and accomplishing the key goals of the plan.
This year, 16 candidates were nominated and qualified for the award. They include:
- Morris Anderson, CPFP, fleet maintenance superintendent, City of Wheaton, Ill.
- Martin Bowman, fleet operations manager, City of Riverside, Calif.
- David Childress, director of fleet, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Tim Conway, fleet manager, City of North Olmsted, Ohio
- Dennis Hogan, CAFM, CPFP, fleet services manager, City of Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- Martha Kobliska, fleet manager/branch chief, Transportation Security Administration
- Rick Longobart, facilities, fleet maintenance & central stores manager, City of Santa Ana, Calif.
- Gary Lykins, fleet maintenance director, Town of Jonesborough, Tenn.
- Allen Mitchell, equipment bureau chief, Arlington County, Va.
- Dennis Scamardo, fleet manager, Ventura County, Calif.
- Dave Schiller, CAFM, fleet, safety & materials manager, Minnesota Dept. of Natural Resources
- Barry (Tom) Smallwood, deputy director, Fleet Transportation, U.S. Marine Corps.
- Roger Weaver, CAFM, CPFP, CPM, director, fleet management, San Bernardino County, Calif.
Look for additional information on each of these nominees in the May 2013 issue of Government Fleet magazine. Additional information on finalists can be found in the June issue.