April 21, 2022
Watch: What to Consider When Crafting a Telematics RFP
This episode is sponsored by:
Learn more about FOCUS by TELUS
Fleet managers are familiar with RFPs (requests for proposal), but they may not be familiar with telematics RFPs. Telematics systems are highly technical and writing an effective RFP can result in better bids, and hence better purchasing options. Learn what you need to do before issuing an RFP, what to consider and include in your RFP, and how to evaluate your bids to ensure you get the right solution for your needs.
- How purchasing telematics is different from other bid processes
- How to approach the RFP process
- How telematics should be purchased if different types of vehicles need to be equipped
- Common mistakes and good examples of RFPs
- An alternative to the RFP process
🚨 Visit Government Fleet to stay up to date on industry news and trends
📰 Sign up for the Government Fleet newsletter!
🎧 Prefer to listen? Subscribe to the GovCast podcast!
⏱ Timestamps ⏱
0:58 How Telematics is different from Other Bid Processes
2:34 What to Do When Starting the RFP Process
4:50 How Fleet Managers Should Approach Different Types of Vehicles with Telematics
5:40 Common Mistakes and Good Examples of RFPs
7:02 Evaluating Bids
8:14 Other Ways to Purchase Telematics Systems