Rand McNally released a solar-powered asset tracker on Feb. 3, certified for the most extreme episodes of wind, dust, and water.
The TrueTrack S110 tracker – for use on trailers, equipment, and other high-value assets – has a rating of IP69K, the highest standard for proven protection against dust; close-range, high-pressure water; and high-temperature liquids making their way inside the device.
Other features of the new tracker and web portal include:
- A rechargeable solar battery with a conventional battery backup
- Up to 90 days between full charges
- 10-minute or less installation
- Pre-configuration and ready-to-go – no bulky and confusing switches or cables to get in the way
- Precise location transmission, whether in motion or still, using a built-in cellular modem running on a 4G LTE network
- The ability to set up custom geofences in order to receive an email alert when an asset moves, enters, or exits a designated boundary
- On-screen mapping and location information plus up to 6 months of tracking data and reporting