Barko Hydraulics has launched upgraded Merchandising Loader models for 2021, including the 295B, 495B, and 595B.
"We're very excited about our 2021 Merchandising Loaders product lineup because we know these machines are going to make operators' jobs better," said Steve Talaga, Barko's Director of Marketing and Product Development. "We take customer feedback very seriously at Barko. We talked to our customers and dealers about what works and what could be better, and then made strategic design improvements that make our Merchandising Loaders more productive, comfortable, and safer to operate."
The 2021 Merchandising Loader lineup has been outfitted with meaningful improvements to key areas such as:
- Stabilizer Cylinders: Barko added an air bleeder on each stabilizer cylinder to improve the process of eliminating air in the cylinders during installation at the factory and reduce the potential of a spongy or bouncy feeling during operation.
- Hydraulic Reservoir: By redesigning the hydraulic reservoir, Barko reduced the total hydraulic oil volume by 46 gallons while maintaining the same hydraulic performance and cooling capacity as prior models. This improvement also allowed us to simplify the hydraulic return filter design and switch from a two-filter design to a single filter design, further improving serviceability.
- Air Cleaner: The air cleaner was relocated, and we added a lockable, hinged door for easy, toolless service access.
- Hydrostatic Swing (495B and 595B models only. Not available on the 295B model.): Barko implemented a tested hydrostatic pump setup that improves the multifunction performance of the Merchandising Loaders as well as reduces noise during swing braking, increases fuel efficiency, and improves overall productivity.
- Operator Cab: By far, the most noticeable improvements the Barko team made are inside the operator cab. This is the operator's office day in and day out, so it needs to be comfortable, functional, and safe. Improvements include:
- A new, larger 7" touchscreen display
- Improved ergonomic control layout by relocating switches closer to the operator seat and adding a new 8-button CAN keypad
- Increased the cab's HVAC system performance and relocated the vents overhead to concentrate the airflow over the operator
- Premium radio with Bluetooth and satellite capability is now standard
- Built-in storage tray below the radio
- Thicker skylight window
- New CB radio mounting location and included a retractor for the CB mic
Barko offers its line of Merchandising Loaders in a range of sizes and configurations to meet the demands of any job, whether operators are working in-the-woods, at the mill yard, or anywhere in between. Each unit is powered by a fuel-efficient 173-horsepower Cummins QSB6.7 Tier 4 Final diesel engine that provides enough power for the task at hand without sacrificing fuel efficiency. With a choice of three different sizes, Barko log grapples ranging from 42- to 52- inch maximum openings, operators can have a complete package that is ready to go to work.
All Barko Merchandising Loader models are available in the following configurations:
- Trailer Mount
- Truck Mount
- Rough Terrain Carrier (RTC)
- Stationary Diesel
- Stationary Electric including SE, SE-ERS, and SER-ERS configurations
The 495B and 595B models are available in Crawler configurations that make them highly versatile for a wide variety of uses.
Originally posted on Work Truck Online